Cheaper alternative to Sentinel x400 sludge remover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating is properly sludged up, and most radiators are half working at best. It's an old leaky system so I don't want to powerflush.

I am currently running Sentinel x400 through the system, but I have 14 radiators, most of them large, so really should be using two bottles.

The stuff is so expensive. Has anyone tried the cheaper home-brand alternatives from some of the plumbers merchants? Do they work well? The cost is 60-70% lower, so if they do the job why use Sentinel.

Sponsored Links
X400 IS 12 QUID A BOTTLE FFS hardly expensive

Using x400 or any cheeper alternatives on a heavily sludged up system is a bit like trying to tunnel through a mountain using a trowel.

You will end up wasting your money for very little result.

Hire a powerflush machine and use heavy duty chemicals such as fx2 or ds40. (X800 at the very least). Although even x800 isn't that powerful

Sponsored Links
Just buy it on ebay, much cheaper than any merchant, as long as you don't mind the labels missing

It all comes from unscrupulous subbies not putting it into system, understandable with the awful rates they are being paid.

Just buy it on ebay, much cheaper than any merchant, as long as you don't mind the labels missing

It all comes from unscrupulous subbies not putting it into system, understandable with the awful rates they are being paid.

Or BG employees...... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back