Chefforeaux - Brittany combi SE Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, customer has the above combi. Think it was last of the non condensing ones. Anyway he had the heating on a small loop and only used the boiler for hot water. Asked for heating to be installed which was done.
Everything fine. then, as luck would have it, the boiler then started locking out on random occasions after a few weeks. On most times when reset the fan would come on, together with the pump, but no ignition. On other occasions nothing would work. Magna clean spotless and I do not suspect any issues from the newly added heating.
Today went round after another lockout, but everything working fine. Cycled heating and hot water but no issues.
however On some occasions when the boiler was at rest I would call for hot water, the full cycle would work correctly and the main burner would come on full chaff. I then noticed that after about five seconds the flame would completely go out, instead of modulating down, and then ignition would occur again, and the burner would come on again, but this time modulate correctly. There does seem to be a few separate symptoms her, which tenuously seem to be linked with ignition. The only fault code it has ever given has been 'no flame detected'. Ignition leads and probs look fine.
I tried phoning manufacture a few times but after 45mins gave up.

Has anyone had ank experience of this or similar. Don't like these boilers o any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think that one of the gas valves is sticking!

Take them out and clean the sealing part!

With a bit more thought I could probably work out which one!

Tony

Yes would agree, but I think there is either two faults, or something else going on, since there are occasions where the fan and pump will run but no ignition spark occurring at all, and the boiler does not even get to a rectification point. We have checked the APS and both normally closed and open contacts are correct and operate as expected. With a number of random issues I am dreading it but suspecting a pcb issue. Trouble is that is always the easy thing to say under circumstances like these

Did you measure the contact resdistance of the pump proving switch?

This discussion should be in the CC part of the site!

I follow the site rules and do not mention combustion related matters!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back