choosing a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to this forum.

could anyone offer advice on a new boiler system. I am getting a 2 bed bungalow with 1 bathroom and average kitchen.
My local plumbing merchants said they have to be A rated now? he suggested a ideal logic plus 24HE combi Boiler??

any advice would be greatfully recieved please.

Regards Barry :D

Sponsored Links
Do not buy an ideal they are a shocking company with a rubbish reputation for churning out sh1tt boilers and not honouring their warranty promises.

You'd be best served spending a little extra cash and going for a Worcester si/cdi or a viessman vitodens 100

I know that at present both WB and Viessman are offering 5 year warranties, its also important to say that getting it installed correctly is equally if not more important than which one you choose.

Alex

I used to like heatlines dick, until the last time I bought a thermistor for one.
They'd put the price up from about twenty quid to forty odd, so bollix to that.

Sponsored Links
Yeah since Vailliant took them over their spares can be pricey, but to be frank(it's my turn to be frank, it was your turn last night), the many, many we have fitted have been great - with very little problems. A great wee boiler for the money.

Another one I like is the Main HE it's a big ugly thing, but well designed & manufactured.

Anyway, what you doing up this early Ray la, has the missus left you again & you've got to get up to get your own scran??

Yeah, I've fitted plenty of them and never had any real issues, but getting ripped off for parts to that extent is a big no no.

Me missus has long gone....she didn't like my new boyfriend. :eek:

Yeah, I've fitted plenty of them and never had any real issues, but getting ripped off for parts to that extent is a big no no.

Me missus has long gone....she didn't like my new boyfriend. :eek:

What they like eh??!! They're never happy!! My latest one I met her through Tesco's dating website, now I've got a bag for life!

This topic has been covered a hundred times before, and very recently too, you'll get different answers from different people and won't be any the wiser

For my part, I would say you can't do better than Intergas

This topic has been covered a hundred times before, and very recently too, you'll get different answers from different people and won't be any the wiser

Intergas are good, but twice the price of a Heatline & a Alum. main heat exchanger.

Remeha avant a a 28c is a great boiler and it has the support of Baxi heat team now on the service so you could definitely have worse. I like the new ideal but many harbour issues regarding their previous boiler (isar) as it was a death trap.

24kw will give you something to moan about in winter regRding hot water delivery, but if you have an electric shower, 24kw would be perfect.

Other than that, make sure you have the usual things to protect yr investment... Limescale reduction on mains water if in hard water area and magnetic filter on heating.

Intergas are good, but twice the price of a Heatline & a Alum. main heat exchanger.

Might cost a bit more but you get what you pay for in my opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that heat exchanger, they come with a ten year warranty which is soon to be increased to fifteen years, there hasn't been a single mechanical failure on one yet either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back