cold bathroom radiator (gravity fed/central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiator has gone cold. I have used a magnet to show where the blockage is (according to some of your info) A plumber removed a valve on the inlet unblocked it and all ok for 2 months. Now back to square 1.No-one in this area knows how to repair it. They also said that sentinel cannot be used because it will come out in the bath water and I will be sitting in a chemical as the radiator heats when the hot water only is on. This sounds daft. Any advice out there? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Mains flush the system.

Remove a radiator attach hose pipe to radiator valve.
Attach hose pipe to other end.
Start the mains. You might need to cap a vent pipe if you have a primatic cylinder as I suspect.

Open valves in each radiator in turn to flush each out.
Sorted.
Ensure system is balance once finished.

I wish that there was a plumber in this area who was as concise as you. Tks for your help, I shall give it to the first plumber who comes in.
I forgot to mention that this is a towel radiator that works when the hot water is on( gravity fed maybe but I think that it is pump fed?).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back