Combi boiler dropping pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My partner decided to mess with the boiler and it started to build up pressure,
i opened it up and gave the pressure release valve a turn but missed the right part and had to turn it again so it went all the way round.
Now when i add pressure into the boiler from the feed tap it just drops the pressure almost instantly.
If it helps it is a potterton i believe it is the pefroma but i don't have it in front of me at the second (will check when i get home and update).
Any help would be very much appreciated as i don't have a lot of money so would prefer not to pay to call someone out.
Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So your partner played with the boiler. And you broke it.

But it's still his fault?

:mrgreen:

Universal constants.

My wife crashed the car when I was 50 miles away. It was my fault. :rolleyes:

Anyway..... seems neither of you are really capable so save yourselves some money and call a professional.

was the filling loop left open? you should have drained it at a drain point or a radiator.

safety devices are not drain points.. Leave well alone.

the filling loop wasnt left open...
It has a drain point outside the house that was used.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a new pressure relief valve is needed, as it's probably not seating 100% after you turned it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back