Combi Compact HRE 36/30 - flashing numbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've inherited this boiler from the previous occupants, I've downloaded the isntructions and it seems to be doing its job ok. But... the display keeps flashing. It's usually flashing "0.3", but sometimes "0.0". The LED above the reset key is not on or flashing, and the two codes do not resemble the fault codes listed in the manual.

So, do I ignore these flashing numbers or do they need dealing with?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to top the system pressure up.

Press the power button on the boiler and find the filling loop. Take the pressure up to 1.5.

If the boiler is still not reading a stable pressure then you either need the pressure vessel looking at or a new pressure sensor.

It's indicating system pressure eg 0.3 bar. Not enough hence fault. Top up pressure to 1.0 bar to cure.

Sponsored Links
I have found the thingy and topped up the water. Pressure is now 1.5. Do I need to bleed radiators or anything else as well?

Thanks ever so much!

I have found the thingy and topped up the water. Pressure is now 1.5. Do I need to bleed radiators or anything else as well?

Thanks ever so much!

Would be worth checking they don't have air in them, not that you'll need them again for a good six months ;) You'll need to top the pressure up again once you've bled the system

Thanks Muggles - I had to do a fair amount of radiator bleeding when we moved in, but didn't know about topping up each time (although it makes sense now I think about it).

You are all fab for advising - thanks ever so much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back