Connecting small black alkathene (3/8"?) to 20mm MDPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to connect up a new supply to some existing pipework, the problem is that the existing pipe is not 1/2" as I thought, but actually 3/8". Just over 17mm outside diameter, and 12.5mm inside (which is why I thought it was 1/2" nominal). The new supply pipe will be 20mm MDPE.

What are the best fittings in this smaller size? I've been using the Philmac "3G" parts which are great for larger sizes, but they don't go below 1/2" nominal.

Thanks,

Tony S

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I found a fatter O ring which looks like it might work with the fitting I have, but it's going to be underground so probably better to get the correct thing. Expensive fitting though!

Sponsored Links
It sounds like BS 1972 class D pipe so philmac light green insert

It will be marked on the wall of the pipe

Perfect thanks. We just picked up that adapter from local Plumb Centre, for 66p including VAT. I didn't finish the excavation last weekend in any case, so the job hasn't even been delayed by my initial mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back