Crosswater Egon Shower Column installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently won a Crosswater Egon shower column on eBay.

It looks like I am missing the part that terminates the copper pipework and attaches to the pipework internal to the column which runs from the base to the head.

I've spoken to Crosswater technical support about this and they are not sure what part I need- has anyone here fitted one of these, and recognises what I am talking about so that I can say "I need part XXXX"?

Or does anyone know of a place where I can order spare parts for these?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ok, this is the shower:

IMG_20110914_233542.jpg

And this is the base:

IMG_20110914_233437.jpg

This is inside the base where the copper pipes need to be connected to the internal pipework of the column:

IMG_20110914_233502.jpg

Anyone seen anything like this before?

IMG_20110914_233613.jpg

Thanks Admin!

If no-one knows of the proper connector for this, would it be possible to use something to else to make the connection?

Or am I looking at binning what is a fairly expensive shower due to this issue?

It looks like there needs to be some sort of 'o' ringed block connector that plugs in there, which would presumably fix to conventional pipework......
If no one else has any ideas, I see that they do have area reps.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Let me guess, this would be a proprietary block connector, made only by Crosswater?

I've spoken to Crosswater technical support about this and they are not sure what part I need
You could ask them to post/email/fax you the installation instructions, which hopefully contain an exploded diagram and part numbers.

All decent manufacturers would do this FOC.

I asked for those- they haven't got any for that shower.

One of the ladies in the technical department is helping me at the moment, but she is finding it tough getting the information it would appear.

The shower column cost £1,600 new, so you would hope that there are some spare parts for it somewhere!

Me too!

I paid rather less than that for it on eBay.

Of course, any money that I spent on it is going to look silly if I cannot make the damn thing work.

How can you say that- it's extremely shiny, that's how you tell a good shower I thought?

Fair enough, I have no experience of them- and like I said, I didn't pay that much for the shower.

I'd still like to make it work, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back