Cupboard in front of radiator - any way to insulate it?

N

NewFolder

This may sound like a bit of a silly question, but is there any way to prevent the heat from a radiator from heating a cupboard placed in front of it, e.g. could I insulate the cupboard with something?

The only reason the cupboard is in front of the radiator is because there is literally nowhere else to put it. The radiator still gives out heat to the room as it is not completely blocked by the cupboard. But the radiator makes the inside of the cupboard quite hot, and I'm worried about the heat damaging the contents (computer peripherals, cables, and a few aerosol cans).

Sponsored Links
Radiator foil stuck to the back of cupboard:
26805.jpg

Sponsored Links
Radiator foil stuck to the back of cupboard

I've done that, and the temperature inside the cupboard has gone from 32C to around 29C when the radiator is on. There is definitely a difference, just not a significant one.

Is there anything else I could do? Would putting radiator foil inside the cupboard as well help at all?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back