Deck mounter bath taps with thermostatic shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Bristan thermostatic mixer with shower outlet. Deck mounted. It's OK (except the knob that switches to shower keeps coming off).

But, if you're filling the bath, even on maximum temperature I'm not getting the same hot water that I do out of the hot tap on the basin 6 feet away. Fed by the same supply.

I assume that's maybe just the nature of thermostatic mixers.

What I really really want is:

Deck mounted taps, with a shower outlet where only the shower mixer is thermostatically controlled. So 4 controls: hot tap, cold tap, shower/tap selector, shower temperature.

I can't find one anywhere. There might be a technical reason why not. Has anybody seen such a thing? Even a manual temperature control for the shower would be an improvement on having to balance hot and cold taps.

Cheers, Mike

Sponsored Links
thermostatics are set to certain maximum temps to prevent scalding. is it possible to adjust the cartridge?

Most thermostatic BSMs were thermostatic on the shower only. Now it seems to be t'other way round. There are some bath and thermostatic shower mixers - as they were called - still to be had, but they are few and far between, nowadays.

Sponsored Links
Most thermostatic BSMs were thermostatic on the shower only. Now it seems to be t'other way round. There are some bath and thermostatic shower mixers - as they were called - still to be had, but they are few and far between, nowadays.

At last, managed to find one:

http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk/...ncy-Bath-Filler-With-Thermostatic-Shower.html

Some price though, and not at all in keeping with the rest of the bathroom. Might not get that past the 'the trousers'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back