DHW after C/H drained?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has most likely been asked before but I can`t find a specific answer from searches so a bit of guidance would be appreciated.

Recently moved house and some of the c/h rads are in desperate need of replacement.
I`ve got a combi boiler supplying the rads and dhw on demand and the new rads are of a different size to the old ones so in need to move some pipework etc, but my question is:
if I drain the c/h system only will the boiler still supply the dhw when needed?

Any help appreciated.

:

Sponsored Links
It can be done, I don't see why not, turning heating isovalves below boiler off and heating can be drain down, but I would wait, see what other say.

What boiler you got?

Daniel.

As long as the heating loop is isolated (at the boiler) and still pressurised then what you want to do is fine

Make sure that you ensure that there is no call for CH whilst isolated - off at programmer & stat turned down to min.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and apologies for the late response.

My boiler is an IDEAL isar HE30.
I haven't had a combination boiler before and I have little knowledge of them and this type of system but I had the notion that the DHW is heated in turn by the pressurised c/h water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back