Difference between riello oil burners

M

martineire

Can anyone tell me is there any difference between a riello 40 G3B burner and the riello G5X other than one has a Hydrolic jack (Ram) and the other does not?

Sponsored Links
Others will know much more than me, but I believe the G3 series have a maximum output of 35 kW and the G5 series go up to 60 kW.
The 5 series is a little bigger physically.
John :)

Burnerman is right on the money
G3 - typical boiler - 50/70, G3 has a diffrent combustion head (restrictore plate integral to the head) the air box has diffrent restrictor plates as well

the G5 is used between 70-110 sized boilers typically

All mechanical parts are interchangeable between G3 & G5 ;)

G5 X does not have a cover, which is not a problem as long as you do not wish to connect a bal flue air tube. Why are you asking the question?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delayed reply, but i was justs servicing a firdbird popular 90 the other day and it was fitted with a riello G5X burner but they are manufactured with the G3B burner so i was just worndering can you set this burner up using the spec from the manual even tho the manual states that this boiler is fitted with a G3B burner (settings would be the same)

I would have expected a G5 burner on a Firebird 90. A G3B could restrict the air, resulting in smoke and a high CO2 reading. For 90,000 Bthu, you probably have a 0.75 x 80Nozzle at 8 bar.

I would have expected a G5 burner on a Firebird 90. A G3B could restrict the air, resulting in smoke and a high CO2 reading. For 90,000 Bthu, you probably have a 0.75 x 80Nozzle at 8 bar.
Yea bang on the nozzle on the burner is a 0.75 80S i left the oil pressure at 8 bar cause i think thats the max pressure you can have using a 0.75 80S nozzle with class C2 28sec oil,l i just ajusted the air setting to get my 11.5 CO2. Is that 0.75 80S nozzle, the nozzle that the manufacture supplys on the G5 burner

All the firebird 90,000 I work on have that nozzle in. Usually, though I use the ES pattern which is supposed to be better for Kerosene.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back