Do i need check valves for mixer tap ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin

Is the following an adequate arrangement for connecting cold water supply to mixer tap on basin -

cold water inlet (copper pipe) connected to check valve, connected to small length of copper pipe (say 4inch), then flexi tails (with built in isolater ) to tap ?

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Or with separate isolator as follows:
....mains inlet connected to check valve connected to 4" long copper pipe connected to isolator, connected to copper pipe with compression screw fitting on end for flexi tails ?

Seems a lot of joints to me though!

Can you get isolation check valves, which would eradicate a couple of joints ?

Thank again

Lee

Sponsored Links
Look in the spout it could either have 2 semi circles or a smaller spout inside the outer one. Also follow the manufactures instructions they will tell you whether you do or not.

If you turn both hot and cold on slowly and feel very close to the spout you can actually feel the seperate hot and cold water coming out left and right of it and then mixing as it falls through the air.

If it mixes in the tap body or spout it will all be the same temperature on both sides.

it has a plastic insert inside the spout. I cannot see up the spout. Should i pull the insert out ?

Thanks John

Just looking back at my original 2 posts, are both of these a good config. for plumbing these taps. What about my concerns for multilpe joints, are there too many or is this just what is needed ?

Thanks again

Lee

I would personally use

Isolator -> check valve -> flexi

If you use a flexi with a built in isolator, it will be harder to isolate if you need to replace or maintain the check valve.

You can have as many compression nuts as you need or want, as long as none of them leak

I would personally use

Isolator -> check valve -> flexi

If you use a flexi with a built in isolator, it will be harder to isolate if you need to replace or maintain the check valve.

You can have as many compression nuts as you need or want, as long as none of them leak
Thanks for your help John, much appreciated mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back