Double-checking boiler settings...

awm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as the winter's coming and I've not had much luck with boilers in the past, I just wanted some advice on the boiler in my new flat, this is a picture of the gauge, where should the needles be pointing? It's a Vaillant boiler, thank you!

Alex

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Okay, thanks and at which point do I need to adjust anything?

Only if the pressure goes much below 1.0 Bar then you need to increase to about 1.5 Bar.

Odd having the gauge on its side though!

Sponsored Links
Ha, it's just the way I took the photo.

So, is it worth getting it back up to 1.5 now because it's quite close to 1 as it is?

I guess I need to open a tap somewhere to let water back into the boiler, that's what I did at my last flat, is that right?

And how about the other gauge? Anything to think about?

Leave it alone unless it goes much below 1.0 Bar when cold.

When the rads are hot the pressure will increase by about 0.3 Bar.

The temp gauge is irrelevant to you but on CH should be about 70 C

As you've got this on your mind, you might wanna bleed all your rads and check/ top up pressure.

Then you should be good to go for another year.

Okay, thanks for the advice but I'm new to this flat, so no idea how to do this, can you offer some advice from these photo's?

This is one radiator and the boiler, I guess I just need to know how I bleed (because I'm not used to radiators like this) and where the taps might be for the boiler (I guess behind the panel).

Thanks![/img]

Don't go looking for trouble, but first run the heating and if the rads are hot to the top, leave well alone.

Yeah, the heating's fine...but just for when it isn't, what do you suggest I do? Just so I'm ready.

Yeah, the heating's fine...but just for when it isn't, what do you suggest I do? Just so I'm ready.
Come back on here and describe the symptoms and get advice regarding a specific fault. Can't comment on faults that may happen.

I just want to know how to put the pressure gauge back up when it goes below 1.

I imagine I have to unscrew that wooden panel?

Leave it alone unless it goes much below 1.0 Bar when cold.

When the rads are hot the pressure will increase by about 0.3 Bar.

The temp gauge is irrelevant to you but on CH should be about 70 C

Hi guys, well the pressure bar has gone below 1.0 when cold, I'm sure the time will come soon where I have to put the pressure up, so may as well do it now, any suggestions? Do you think I need to take the panel off just below the boiler?

Ah, it was in the panel under the boiler, sorted! Not sure why my images go sideways though???

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back