drayton digistat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys got a problem with my digistat
the transmitter is paired to the receiver and they are talking to each other as they should ie red light flashes every 5 mins or so to say it is in contact with the transmitter the green light comes on when the transmitter asks the receiver to switch the boiler on for heat BUT the boiler will not fire up even if i press the override button on the receiver , so does this mean that the relay has gone in the receiver box ? or could it be a fault with the boiler its self ?
hope someone can help .
paul

Sponsored Links
the boiler will not fire up even if i press the override button on the receiver , so does this mean that the relay has gone in the receiver box ? or could it be a fault with the boiler its self ?
It could be either.

What about your hot water, is that OK?

We need more info about your boiler (make and model) and all other components in the system.

hi mate thanks for getting back to me ..
the boiler is a worcester greenstar30cdi combi only 3 years old the controls are drayton digistat rf3

sorry forgot to say hot water is working fine and the boiler will fire up the central heating if i press the boost button on the boiler

Sponsored Links
sorry forgot to say hot water is working fine and the boiler will fire up the central heating if i press the boost button on the boiler
Sorry not to get back earlier.

So the digistat relay box is probably the culprit. But before you rush out and buy a new one, lets do a quick test.

Turn boiler off
Turn power off to system
Remove the relay box

On the backplate there are five connectors:

N - Neutral
L - Live
1 - Common
2 - Sat (not used)
3 - Call

There will be wires to: N, L, 1 and 3. There may also be a link between L and 1 - depends on the boiler.

Insert a temporary link between 1 and 3
Turn power on
Turn boiler on

The boiler should light immediately (turn boiler stat up and down to check).

If the boiler lights, the relay box is faulty.

If it does not light, the fault is either in the wiring from relay box to boiler or in the boiler itself.

If it turns out to be the relay box, it might be better to change the complete stat as Drayton Digistats have been know to have problems. Honeywell's are very good.

thank you very much for the test it worked fine boiler went through cold start up then came on full and responded to temp control so looks like i am in the market for a new transmitter and receiver
it's good to know whats wrong now instead of worrying about it so once agaian thank you :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back