drayton digistat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i am new to the forum and in need of some expert help .. i have a problem with my digistat scr the rf unit is talking to the scr with all the relevant lights showing but i am not hering the click which used to happen when the boiler would fireup. hence no heat ? is my digistat up the swanny or am i missing something ?
the thermostsat is a drayton +3rf unit which appears to be working fine ie new batts . :confused:
hope someone can help please paul.

Sponsored Links
hi mate, your problem is a faulty relay in the receiver unit, its receiving a signal from the stat but will not bring the heating on.

hi mate, your problem is a faulty relay in the receiver unit, its receiving a signal from the stat but will not bring the heating on.
thanks mate you have confimed what i thought are these prone to failing because this unit is only 3 years old !?

Sponsored Links
If you also can't make it switch by operating the override it does look like the relay is duff. I haven't heard one operate so don't know how obvious the click is.

I'd be inclined to switch the boiler/receiver completely off and on again out of sheer desperation and then on the off chance measure the voltages at the contacts just in case it is actually switching but something else is broken.

If you also can't make it switch by operating the override it does look like the relay is duff. I haven't heard one operate so don't know how obvious the click is.

I'd be inclined to switch the boiler/receiver completely off and on again out of sheer desperation and then on the off chance measure the voltages at the contacts just in case it is actually switching but something else is broken.
yep tried the overide no joy .only way we can get a bi tof heat is to press the boost button on the boiler :( i have had a look on line and can get a new receiver for £60 i think thats maybe the way to go ?
many thanks for your help .paul.

:idea: hi again, the faulty relay is a common fault with the drayton digistats! my advice to you is (dont buy a new drayton receiver, you can get a TOWER or SALUS rf stat for about the same price or cheaper! and they are more reliable in my opinion. hope this helps. :?: :idea:

:idea: hi again, the faulty relay is a common fault with the drayton digistats! my advice to you is (dont buy a new drayton receiver, you can get a TOWER or SALUS rf stat for about the same price or cheaper! and they are more reliable in my opinion. hope this helps. :?: :idea:

Yes the Salus RT500F is a fair bit cheaper if it's really £60 for a new Drayton receiver. :eek:

Yes the Salus RT500F is a fair bit cheaper if it's really £60 for a new Drayton receiver. :eek:
thanks for the advice guys much appreciated, would this salus work with my drayton transmitter?

thanks for the advice guys much appreciated, would this salus work with my drayton transmitter?
hey if anyone can suply a cheaper option i am all ears ...so to speak :D

the salus stat works on a different frequency to the drayton so you will have to replace both, but like i said a new salus rf stat is cheaper than the drayton receiver and more reliable, have a look on ebay.

the salus stat works on a different frequency to the drayton so you will have to replace both, but like i said a new salus rf stat is cheaper than the drayton receiver and more reliable, have a look on ebay.

wow thanks my freind you are not wrong £ 30 for the transmitter and receiver against £120 for the drayton kit ! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back