Easiest way to find the radiator flow "order"

Just wanted to say thanks guys for all your excellent advice. I had to replace a leaking TRV and everything went fine, but so some reason the bedroom radiator stopped heating up, I noticed that the radiator that had the leaking TRV was now getting a lot hotter. So I followed the tip on here about how to quickly balance the system, 1 turn for large and 1/2 turn for small and the difference is immediate. All radiators heating up. I will probably do a balance using a temperature gauge when I get one, but this method has worked fine.

Sponsored Links
Proof in the CC that this is not the case Ben , maybe tail between the legs when we get back in there? ;)
Just looked in CC, but didn't see any thread started by you giving proof. What's the thread called?

I agree with Tony. Also, it's shocking to see the number of guys making a complete ar.e of themselves on a subject as simple as central heating balancing, but are leading lights in the combustion chamber pot!!

No one has used the technical term 'index' radiator, being the item the circulation pump is sized for. Most at best have a very limited knowledge of the subject & by rights should not be paid by the unsuspecting public, unless for changing washers!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back