Edited

Sponsored Links
Sounds like thermostatic cartridge is blocked or knackered. Do you live in a hard water area? If so probably scaled up.

As an aircraft engineer I thought you could have provided better details than in your post.

What would you think of a pilot who reports a fault on his aircraft just stating it wont fly :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I was asking for the picture 'cos I thought that as you didn't tell us what make and model it was, we could identify it for you and help more. the next question wouldhave been has it been fitted the right way round? 'cos symptons don't always show straight away.

I was asking for the make and model boiler 'cos some combi's do not work well with termostatic showers, and the symptons don't always show straight away.

Fixing planes would mean a bit of lateral thinking and part identification yes?

Same goes for plumbing and boilers.

Yeah, boilers are supposed to do that too - except their displays flash the fault code - seldom means anything tangiable though.

That's what confuses BG engineers.

Nice pair of Tats :LOL:

Earth bonding shouldn't be connected with excess of the bonding strips, should be linked with earth cable ;)

How about the possibility of the isolating valves being blocked?

I would take the unit off the wall and check flow out of each pipe.

Looks like you shower is upside down - so possibly the inlets are incorrect

Check to see if there are any markings (red/blue dots, an H or C, or even Hot/Cold) on the back of the shower. Then see if they correspond to the warm and cold pipes.

I have seen many showers fitted the wrong way round (did a few meself once). They sometimes work fine for ages, then keel over and give strange temperatures.

In your case, the worse thing would appear to be that ned to turn it over.

The boiler, while not hte greatest is a modulating one so should operate fine with the shower.

Shall we start a Posters' wives/girlfriends/partners thread ;)?

Just looked at piccies again - definately worth swaping round the shower. Will take 5 minutes and you can check the filters at the same time.

I'd still be tempted to remove shower to test water flow. If ok it is probably still the mixing cartridge or what ever this model has.

Dan_Robinson said:
Just looked at piccies again - definately worth swaping round the shower.

*******s Dan, you just wanted another look at his girlfriend :LOL: :LOL:

Hey man I got another 20 or so hours before I see the missus again - and that's assuming I don't have to buy a subamrine to get to Heathrow.

You gotta do what ya gotta do...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back