ELECTRIC SHOWER MIRA GO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer help.

1st of all I know nothing about plumping or electric's so please bare with me if you require any techno info.

I have had a Mria GO 8.5ke electric shower fitted just today (25 Aug).

I have used it for the 1st time its seemed fine, but when my wife has come to use we have no hot water. the pressure is fine, just cold water.

Before I take the electric shower unit back incase its gone faulty, we have had a DUALEX RISER RAIL KIT FITTED. to the electric shower.. see web link below

http://www.betterbathrooms.com/showers/shower-rail-kits/Dualex-Riser-Rail-Kit/

What i would like to know, would this Riser Rail kit cause this problem for the hot problem, i.e making something go...like a the element or fuse.

or is the riser rail kit, completely the wrong type for this mira go shower.

plus LOL anyone know any good proced plumbers in or around the Wigan area.

thank to anyone who can or may help me.

cheers

Sponsored Links
It may possibly be something to do with a stupid safety feature with recent Mira showers. After each use of the shower, you have to switch the shower's isolation switch (usually a pull cord ceiling switch) off. Then when the next person uses the shower, they have to turn this switch on.

You can't just use the shower one person after another without operating the isolatior switch.

More dumb a** health and safety rules! :evil:

Who fitted the shower with this riser rail ?
You've more likely blown the tco in the shower.

As the shower has been fitted/used it falls under mira's warranty and can not be returned to the shop mira will only do a service visit.
You have also gone against mira's warranty terms and your warranty is now void.

The manual also states that the shower should be fitted with the mira showerhead etc supplied not what you have fitted.

You more likely find it's to restrictive and blown the tco.
Not a shower fault, But who ever fitted the shower.

Sponsored Links
The shower was fitted by my all around guy, who does everything, but also started out as a plumber.....makes you wonder.

so another words, get rid of the riser rail rit, and get a new electric shower, and everything should be ok..... is that about right

Get rid of the so called plumber.

Fit the shower head and rail that comes with the shower.
Change the tco that's more likely failed for about £15 and all should be ok.

Check the tco first. have you a multi meter ?

i take it TCO is thermal cut out, i googled it.

I'm totslly amateur and novice at these type of things, no i dont have multi meter and besides would have a clue where to look, unless you can direct me to a web sitr that is detailed with pictures,, otherwise I just not confident to try anything like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back