Extending toilet and bathroom work ? who to call ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have 2 'projects' that like to do this year:

1.) Extend our upstairs toilet so it uses up some of the bedroom space. So will require knocking the wall down and moving it. Then if space is there, put a shower in this room.

2.) Extend family bathroom slightly into hall way by moving the door and creating a wall. Then redoing the entire bathroom, so new suite and tiles etc etc.

Now I have no idea who to call to do the work, would i just call a local plumber or a builder ? Guess i may also need an electrician ??

Nice to get a ball park figure then it will decide if it is worth doing or now. Happy to post a plan up and pictures if necessary,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need a builder to do the building work, if the walls a structural, you will need a structural engineer for calculation on resupporting the weight above.
A plumber for the plumbing and a registered electrician for electric within the bathroom locations. Any new electrical work within rooms containing bath/shower will require RCD protection as will any newly buried cables within walls.

If you use a reputable builder, he will probably be able to recommend a plumber and an electrician. Most trades have a network of people they use.

Sponsored Links
thanks, guess get a builder in first then.

luckily the wall i want to move seems to just be plasterboard so 'should' be fairly simple to extend into the bedroom.

sounds a bit of a nightmare juggling all the people but will see if it's worthwhile,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back