fault code f5 on Viessman Vitodens 100

That last reply is wrong. Vie ss- mann do not approve of leaving the flap out.

Sponsored Links
no they just advise to do it on the tech helpline :LOL: :LOL:

you know as well as i do its pointless being there. Else they'd have it on the new one. It was a mistake and I guess removing it proves that eh? :rolleyes:

Its probably better stated that it was a good idea but as it sticks onto the mating face below it has been less than satisfactory.

Obviously their design team put on their red faces and came to the conclusion that its problems outweighed any advantages ( stopping insects getting into the gas valve ??? ).

Of the eight WB1As which I have fitted, none have failed on the F5 yet.

All but one have failed ( or would have ) on the ignition unit!

Does anyone have the spec sheet on the ZIG 2 / 12 used?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump an old thread but I am having the same fault with my 100.

The flap has already been removed a few years ago (the help line confirmed to the engineer this was the correct thing to do) however during this cold spell I keep getting the boiler trip out and showing what appears to be F5.

The condensing drain does occasionally freeze as the installers ran the drain round the outside of the house, with a long shallow fall and didn’t lag it, so if it below 0 for a few days it ends up freezing, so then I just let it drain into a bucket. This seems to give the same fault code? Is that right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back