fault E9 on worcester bosch greenstar H E condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Worcester Bosch greenstar condensing boiler turns it self off with fault code E9.

I really need some good advise from anybody who has had the same problems as me.

Ok the story so far ....
We moved in to our house 7 years ago and straight away the boiler started making loud noises and turning its self off. The boiler is located up in our loft.

We had worcester Bosch out and they said it was incorrectly wired up and had low water head.
The boiler was being powered via the program timer so the over run wouldent work.

I then had it rewired but the fault continued, I also checked the theory about the low water head and found the tank was within the specifications of the worcester manual (only just though).

I then joined british gas homecare and had various bits changed on the actual boiler thermostats etc. Still the fault continues.

To get round the problem we have to keep the temp dial on the boiler down to its lowest setting, the boiler stays on but we have a cold house.

I've thought it could be the pump but its a £90 gamble.

I'm so fed up about this, I feel its unfixable

Do I keep chucking money at it or just get a new boiler?.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
More details needed really, off the top of my head you may want to enquire about sealing the system. Get a quote/advice from a plumber.

Hi Dan

It's a greenstar 29 h e conventional

I'm not sure about the system bypass, I'm not that technical I'm afraid.[/u]

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy, what is involved in sealing the system?

To be honest I havnt found a plumber yet who can fix it, but I've got keep trying.

Remove header tank and go to sealed system. I don't install anything else.
Header tanks have no place in modern central heating systems.

E9 is overheat so a problem with circulation.

Could be a blockage but I would drain the system.
See how the water comes out could be blockage
and see what happens.

Should be easy to sort out.

Thank you all for the advice,

I like the sound of removing the header tank, that was part of the original diagnoses I had from worcester Bosch.

I'm not sure how expensive it will be but I'm sure it will be considerably less than a new boiler.

I will start to get some prices.

Thanks again. (fingers crossed).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back