Ferroli modena 80E boiler , no hot water or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a ferroli Modena 80E combi boiler . Both the heating and the hot water have stopped. I have had a plumber out. With him looking at it and the manual he thinks the fault could be the circuit board. But there is also a possibility that it could be the gas valve.
The electrics are fine. There is gas to the valve but not coming out the other end (tested by plumber). When it tries to fire up there is a spark the fan kicks in but no gas coming out the other end of valve (or not opening)

Well i think i posted this a few days ago but cannot find it any where so am trying again. I have since bought and fitted a new circuit board. Still have the same problem. Have a new gas valve on the way. Hope it is going to be that.
Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its worse!

This is a tenanted property!

Instead of calling aboiler engineer to fix the boiler he has called a plumber who has no idea whats wrong or how to diagnose the fault.

He is buying cheap parts on Ebay and has apparently fitted the PCB himself without making any gas setting checks.

It looks as if he is planning on fitting the gas valve himself too.

If only his tenants knew what he is doing to save money and leave them without heating or hot water over the holiday period whilst subjecting them to gas risks from his DIY efforts.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back