Ferroli Optimax 25C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I know my boiler is not the best. Recently it's needed a new PCB and pressure relief device. I seem to be having new problems now. Heat is fine comes on as it should. When I select hot water though after about 10 seconds the boiler starts making banging noises and the pressure gauge needle jumps up very very quickly. Steam comes from the air vent and water pours out of the discharge pipe.

Am I right in thinking my water heat exchanger could be at fault? I have noticed that if I continue to run the boiler after it starts making noises etc I don't get any hot water, not sure if this helps.

Yours,
Tan

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the system was not power flushed when the boiler was fitted.

Now the plate heat exchanger is blocked !

Thats the problem, people use cheap boilers and cheap installers!

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I've taken the heat exchanger out and flushed it with tap water, I blew through it too, there didn't appear to be any blockage, am I missing something?

T

Sponsored Links
I think I've found the issue! Looks like the diverter valve is the issue! I took the head off and moved it into the hot water position and I get hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back