First time buyer - plumbing, drains and heating

You have not shown your location.

Regardless, heating systems costing 2-5 k to fit are insignificant when considering the cost of purchasing property.

Furthermore in London if you delay a completion because of arguing over insignificant the seller is likely to ignore you and sell to another buyer at a higher price!

Anyone buying a house is advised to have the system checked and the boiler serviced when first moving in.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
It's in London, I have not suggested that I am negotiating about the plumbing work I personally have to do.

The questions are simply to understanding the amount of work involved. 2-5k is not an insignificant cost, especially when properties require to be refurbished entirely after purchase.

A boiler chosen by a Gas Safe guy should be a decent one. Generally "heat only" bolers last longer than Combis.

A Gas Safety Record ( like a Landlord's Certificate) is basic safety only, like "Is there a gas/fumes leak?" and "Is the boiler burning the right amount of gas?" and not a lot more. Often/usually the front cover won't even come off the boiler. It's NOT a service and there's no general agreement about detail of what's done.

A boiler chosen by an RGI is often the cheapest on the market. In this case the 24i is a pretty basic boiler. Not very highly rated by most RGIs.

The general amount done on a CP12 is the minimum which as you have stated is very little!

Tony

Sponsored Links
A boiler chosen by an RGI is often the cheapest on the market. In this case the 24i is a pretty basic boiler. Not very highly rated by most RGIs.

The general amount done on a CP12 is the minimum which as you have stated is very little!

Tony

So, what would be the best plan forward with this boiler, do I have to change it? Or will it give me a lot of problems?

Considering that I am discussing with the bathroom fitter about installing a pump for pressure, which involves some cost for plumbing and the pump, is there a better approach to gradually move towards an unvented system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back