fitting an open vent system for radiators only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says , was considering fitting a few radiator onto an old oil burner/boiler . The system wont be connected up to a copper cylinder as there is no need for hot water. What I really want to know is what is the best way to vent the system ?

Sponsored Links
A feed and expansion tank. This will vent it and top up if need.

Can use a pump.

Is the oil boiler a oil fired?

Daniel.

Yeah its oil fired. I was going to do a 22mm flow and return and tee off for the radiators in 15mm . Is it ok to tee off the 22mm in 15 mm for a feed and another off the 22mm for the vent ? I was concerned that with the pump turned on it might pump out the vent pipe

Sponsored Links
. What I really want to know is what is the best way to vent the system ?
off the top tapping on one side of the boiler -over top of f+e tank . Cold feed from bottom of tank to bottom tapping on the opposite side of the boiler . then flow to rads -top tapping of boiler opposite vent and return opposite cold feed . So that you get cross flow round the heat exchanger jacket when pump is on :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back