fitting new room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have worcester cdi 28 boiler, it was run off siemens wirelss that couldnt reach to lounge. i wanted to replace with simple thermostat control hard wired in. i took out the siemens base station which was wired into mains and to ls and lr on boiler. i connected ls and lr to l and sl on altech althcoo6. i didnt connect neutral and nothing worked, tried swapping over but still didnt work. the cable is normal domestic power cable with 3 wires and neutral, any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Disc your external stat and bridge Ls and LR. If your boiler fires for heating it proves boiler is ok. Do you have and external timer?.
I'm not familiar with your stat, but a simple continuity check should prove the stat is switching on when calling for heat.
Is your stat capable of switching mains voltage?

thanks, boiler fires up, how would i do a continuity test? and how would i know if caapable of switching mains voltage? do you know of a simple thermostat rthat i could wire in easily. thanks for response jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back