Flexible Tap Connectors temp limit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to use flexible tap connectors (maybe John Guest). Note that these can cope with up to a water temp of around 65 degs C. With the combi boiler I have, if the CH is running, the water from a hot tap may initially run much hotter than the temp set for hot water on the boiler (Worcester Bosch) and the temp limit of the flexible connector might be exceeded for a short time. Is this likely to be an issue leading to leaks or failure on the tap connectors?

Sponsored Links
Why do you think the initial temperature from the boiler will be much hotter than the preset? Also, do you realise that flexi connectors are very restrictive to the flow of water to the tap?

Hi. If the CH is running and I turn on a hot top it initially, for a few seconds, runs much botter than it would do if the CH was off. Know this as have put my hand underneath and also a thermometer. (Could not read the actual temp.) Then settles down to the correct temperature. Did not realise that a flexi connector would restrict the flow. There is one on the cold bath tap and it seems acceptable. I presume this temperature issue is caused by the way the boiler diverter valve works.

Sponsored Links
I am in the process of replacing a flexible hose this morning. Came here looking for something else and spotted this thread. It is possible to have hot water coming through the taps at over 80C which is dangerous and I believe illegal. it does cause the rubber in flexihoses to degrade. I have known of the rubber seals in modern taps melting and coming out as black slime.
People are burned to death due to too hot water.
I looked into my own system and found the immersion heater had been turned to full heat at the internal thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back