Flexicom 15hx - F22 (and other faults)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Gloworm Flexicom 15hx boiler and have been getting F22 fault this week.

When I encountered this in the past, it was a matter of checking for air and increasing pressure. Eventually I got a faulty 3 port valve replaced and that fixed the issue.

I have noticed the pressure on the system has sat very high all this time and when I received the fault this week, I've needed to keep pressure very high again to fix it (currently just above 2.0).

Is there an additional issue I need to fix? Faulty/weak pump perhaps?

Sponsored Links
Could well be a blocked or faulty pressure sensor.

Tony

F22 is a dry fire fault. Basically when the boiler ignites it is looking for a certain temperature rise within a certain amount of time. If it doesn't get this then it thinks there is no water in the system. Check to see what speed setting your pump is at. If it's at 3 try turning it down to 2 and see what happens.
Tony the hx doesn't have a pressure sensor it's the open vented model

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The pump is on setting 2 - should I try setting 1?

It's a 3 storey property (in case that makes a difference for how far it needs to pump).

F22 on a HX Flexicom. Essentially when the boiler starts it needs to see a temperature rise within 5 seconds or it will shut off assuming there is no water or a failed pump.

However if the pump is pumping the water round the boiler quicker than it should, then the as too much water is passing through the heat exchanger the temperature rise will not be enough, even though there is plenty water and a strong pump.

Trying it on setting one would be a good starting point. (no pressure sensor on this model so one thing not to worrie about, it works purely from temperature sensing)

There are of course actual boiler issues that can cause this aswell which would need a competent technician to diagnose and resolve. But in a vast majority of cases its simply not pumping at the right flow rate

Ok, thanks for the help.

It's not a regular occurrence but I'll give that a try.

Maybe that explains why if I keep resetting it works eventually - some heat is getting retained at each attempt.

Anyway, fingers crossed for next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back