flue distance from neighbours house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
my neighbour has just complained that my new boiler flue is <2m from his property. Does anyone know the regulations on this?
I guess I need to get a flue extension - can anyone advise on whether this is a problem for a worcester 42cdi.
Cheers,
Huw

Sponsored Links
600mm facing the boundary is the minimum,but it's always stated pluming should not cause a nuisance.

Its normally considered that a flue should not be discharged within 2.4m of land not in your ownership!

Tony

Interesting question as it turns out.

Approver doc J says 600mm unless there's a later one I cant find.

The Greenstar 42CDi manual doesn't give any measurement that I could see.

BS 5400-1 : 2008 doesn't mention it either as far as I can see.

Sponsored Links
Approved doc J says 600mm unless there's a later one I cant find.
But see paragraph 3.23 of AD-J!

The Guide it refers to gives a minimum distance of 2.5m from a facing wall, fence, building, or the property boundary. This is to reduce the possibility of the flue causing a "Statutory Nuisance".

The flue of my new boiler is in virtually the same place as the old one and is more than 600mm from the boundary, but less than 2500mm. The installer has just used a standard flue on the basis that we will see if our friendly neighbour complains. I doubt if he will as the flue is facing onto the driveway to his garage, so it will not cause any problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back