Flue distance from wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How far should a flue be from a wall that extends up pass the flue I think this is classed as an external corner. I this cause the wall is a garden wall

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid the only place you are going to get that information is in the manufacturers instructions. Depends on flue type and boiler make/model.
Without a bit more info its hard to advise you

ok with it being the distance from a garden wall. I.e not a house is it more to do with the air intake being a problem with it being close to a wall?

Sponsored Links
300mm. But it can be 25mm in some circumstances. You can find the instructions on the ideal website. Hope that helps :)

And its still classes as this with it just being a garden wall that's making the corner, not a house?

No. Just depends on the manufacturer. I know vaillant allow 25mm too. But worcester bosch say 300mm.

Ideal have obviously tested this extensively and they have decided that there will be no adverse affects by reducing this to 25mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back