Flue Position for Condensing Boiler - OFTEC Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone tell me what the current OFTEC recommendations are for condensing boiler flue terminals with regard to distances to property boundaries and also openings ie windows, doors, etc? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Usually 1ft.

If you download a manual for your boiler or any modern boiler
they give a diagram of positions covering all usual posibilities in a house and the separation distances required.

There are two issues!

Sideways distances from windows etc. which are set by the maker and then distances in the discharge direction which are required to not create a nuisance or danger.

Generally a flue should not discharge closer than 2.5 m to your property boundary. Thats a figure usually worked to by Environmental Health and Building Control.

But it would be better if you explained your concerns to us!

Tony

OFTEC Recommend that the Terminal is no closer than 2500mm from a Boundary and 1000mm from Doors Windows in any direction!! -easier said than done!!

However as they say "M.I.'s" over-rule and you will find these dimensions considerably reduced

However if the plume of steam causes a neighbour dispute, as the installer you can expect trouble and ££££'s ;)

Sponsored Links
You have told me exactly what I needed to know - i.e. the OFTEC recommended and intelligent flue terminal position is no closer than 2.5m from a boundary and 1m from doors, windows, etc in any direction to avoid danger and nuisance.

Many thanks to you all - knowledgeable members and a great forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back