Flushing sealed c/h system through filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey is the correct way of flushing a sealed c/h system through the filling loop. To take one rad off connect hose to one valve and place in a drain. Turn all rads off bar one the open the filling loop so that water will flow through the one rad that is open then out the hose I have connected to the rad. I have took off? Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you my only problem is I don't realy have an accesable outside tap to get mains in to the system. Can I use the filling loop to do this?

Could I use the same method but use the filling loop to add the water or would that not work?

wouldn't the filling loop flush the water through the system the same as if connecting mains to a rad valve?

I was planning on isolating the boiler on the boiler valves. So will the filling loop be ok to add the water through?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back