Flushing toilet sometimes leaves things. Should i Fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet sometimes doesn't flush away all the things in the bowl.
Sometimes just a bit of loo paper is left.
Sometimes waste appears back in the bottom of the bowl a while after, it is completely gone after flushing it away again though.

My question is, the toilet does work, it isn't blocked and most of the time all the waste goes.
I am just wondering what Is wrong with it that waste sometimes reappears half an hour later, and paper sometimes never all gets flushed away.

I don't want to mess up the toilet.
Should I fiddle with it a bit? Or just leave it. I don't want to make things worse and pay for it!

Help soon please!

Sponsored Links
Check the water level in the cistern, if that is ok if it is a syphon flush you probably need a new syphon.

Oh gosh really

The problem isn't very bad. 95% of the time it flushed down first time.

I was wondering If there was a little obstruction in the pipe which I could plunge out.
Or pour down a strong toilet unblocker.

It isn't blocked, and over filling, the toilet flushes fine, just sometimes not all the load.

Check the water level in the cistern, if that is ok if it is a syphon flush you probably need a new syphon.
:?: :!: Fixing the flush mechanism will stop waste reappearing 30 minutes later?
About as likely as finding rocking horse shoyt.

More likely there's a blockage/partial blockage somewhere along the way.

Sponsored Links
Most likely to be a partial blockage? Surely a full blockage would mean the water would fill the bowl

How do I resolve a partial blockage without spending out for a plumber and spending allot of money on supplies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back