Gas Boiler off or on, whilst on Holiday?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

I normally turn everything off (water, gas, electricity.) when I go on holiday for 2 months, I don't have central heating, so the gas boiler is only for the hot water,
the thing is that I have trouble lighting the pilot light when I've returned in the past, would it be safe to keep the pilot light lit, on occasion the pilot light as blown out with wind, if that happens whilst on holiday, is the gas still escaping from the pipe?.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The gas would not escape as you have stated your turning the gas off.if you didn't turn the gas off the gas valve has a safety device within it to turn off the gas supply if the pilot goes out. This safety feature is. Checked when you have a service carried out, which I'm sure you do regularly

thanks for the reply, this year I'm thinking of leaving the gas on, and no I haven't had the boiler serviced regularly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back