Glow worm 30ci & hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've just bought a house fitted with a glow worm 30ci combi. I'm having problems with the hot water. When I turn on the tap it takes forever to get warm water through. Even when I only slightly open the tap to reduce the flow rate. When the water eventually warms up and i increase the flow slightly it never gets hot enough to do the dishes etc. To fill a bath with moderatley warm water takes a good hr! This is the case with the temperature switch on eco or max.

Can anyone advise me on what to check first, then second! Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Some people have unrealistic expectations of what a boiler can do.

As an engineer I have to deal with facts and not perceptions.

Combis are limited to a maximum DHW temperature of about 50 C to prevent the risk os scalding. Some people expect water at 80 C for washing up. Only an electric kettle can give this.

The power of your boiler is limited, it will raise about 11 litres per minute by about 35 C. If you want to discuss its performance you must be able to measure temperature and flow rate.

You have not mentioned getting the boiler serviced and checked. Most people do that when they buy a house. It is required by law every year when a property is rented out.

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony. You are right, I did expect this combi to perform similar to the one in my previous house as the mains pressure, house size, boiler size etc are almost identical. However, although the CH belts out heat within seconds (similar to old house) and the hot water performance is rubbish I thought that their might be a technical reason for this. Oh well, lets get it serviced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back