Glow-worm 30FF Ultimate boiler not firing, advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My glow-worm boiler stopped working yesterday, when turnt on via the controls, its clicks twice fast (which is normal) then it should within 5 secs starting hearing what I believe is the fan and sparking before it ignites.

However last night when it was put on boost (1 hour hot water), we can only hear it buzzing (now quiet humming as i gave it a tap) and no pilot light. I then pressed the boost and tried the other options CH + HW but still the exact same.

Dont have boiler cover but this something I will be buying today, just wondering is there something I can check or get it going again for now?

I have replaced the PCB on this approx 8 months ago, the water valves work and water pumps stops when its suppose to so doubt its the PCB. Never opened up a boiler before and dont want to if its anything to do with gas!

Please advise

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
found the manual, might have a nose around to check what LED are lighted up etc.

went through all the fault finding steps and discovered the fan is very likely at fault. It doesnt spin, the fan itself is stiff even when i try to touch it with a screw drivers.

wiggled it a bit then starter boiler up and it worked, turn boiler off and put the case back then it stopped working again. took the case and spin the fan and it started working again, 230 volts going in so it must be a problem with the fan.

Anyone else think this isnt the case? LED 1+2 are lit but 3+4 are not lit, once the fan spins then LED 3 lights up then approx 15 secs or so then the boiler ignites. Suspect a block valve or something but i dont dare open this up any further so best get a pro to service it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back