Glow worm smart wiring centre fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I have a glow worm flexi com 30HX with a climapro room stat wired from a smart wiring centre, I also have a 3 port valve.
Having had this system running faultlessly for the last 4 years has been wonderful !! .... But this year when I turned of the heating and leaving the dhw just running , I find the heating will not turn off?
So first I change the synchro as the valves old and maybe it's playing up ? Nope wasn't that ? On closer inspection the power head looks like its not operating right ? So I change this for a new one ? Still the heating is coming on with the hot water even though its turned off ?
So tonight I have whipped off the wiring centre front again , and delved further into territory I'm unfamiliar with , to find the 3 port valve has power to ch on dhw on dhw off all at once ? Which I know not to be right ? ( would also explain the obvious over heating of the previous power head )
So my question is is it the wiring centre printed circuit board up the creek or has the programmer gone up the spout .
I may add I am not an electrician but have some electrical knowledge but my trial and errors on this occasion have been to no avail ??
Can some one help ???.

Sponsored Links
what are you using to test for voltage?
post some pictures of the wiring centre showing the connections if you can

Matt

Sponsored Links
well you are not gonna find the fault with a neon tester. You need a multimeter. also have you checked the valves not just stuck?

Valves not stuck as I have had the power head off and manually moved it to just heat due alone . When switching between program's the head does not change position and all ports from the wiring centre remain live ?
I'm thinking either the printed circuit board in the wiring centre has developed a fault or the programmer ?
Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a glow worm techi out ?

:D
Problem solved , all caused by poor connection within programmer sending wrong signal to wiring centre . Cleaned contacts tightened connection , problem solved !!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back