Glow Worm Ultracom 30cxi - Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved home & I am pleased to see installed a Glow Worm (Valiant) Ultracom 30cxi which I read has generally good reviews. This condensing boiler was installed about 7 years ago into the garage (which is 1/2 integral to the house).

So, questions if I may with which I hope to seek useful insight:

1) After initially pressuring the system to 1.2bar after about 7 weeks it dropped to 0.3 bar and hence the system required re-pressuring to make it work. What would cause the pressure to drop like this, or is this quite usual? I see no external leaks.

2) There is a simple (old style) thermostat connected but it seems to do nothing. Also the hot water temperature varies A LOT and the heat of the home, although usually nice and warm, appears to cycle. How do I go about 'fine tuning' the system?

3) Would using a System Pro, external temperature monitor and Clima-Pro be a useful, economic additions? I know nothing of these devices other than just names I have tripped across via the internet.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Just go for a decent wired or wireless programmable room stat rather than the clima or system pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back