Glow Worm Ultracom 30cxi - Continuous Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Glow Worm Ultracom 30 cxi that has started making a noise when running, for hot water and heating. The noise is like a ticking scraping noise similar to a fan making contact with something.

I don't think it's the fan as it's definately coming from the water pump area, but I didn't think the water pump would run when demand for hot water. The noise continues on overrun until the boiler switches off.

Is there a common problem that this could be. Just trying to diagnose problem prior to getting an engineer in incase it's something silly.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't install Glowworm but if the Ultracom is a combi, then it will run the pump in HW mode. And the Glowworm people still fit the unreliable Wilo pumps which do get noisy.

And then they seize up.

I don't install Glowworm but if the Ultracom is a combi, then it will run the pump in HW mode. And the Glowworm people still fit the unreliable Wilo pumps which do get noisy.

And then they seize up.
Hi, cheers for speedy reply. The Ultracom is a combi. My guess is the pump then as it sounded like it was coming from there and everything works fine apart from the noise. Is there anyway of running the pump in isolation, or would you just take it that it is the pump as there's nothing else it could be.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Actually just thought about it, I can check by adjusting the pump speed selector on pump, and by manually turning pump with screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back