grant vortex 26

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my elderly mother has a oil fired grant vortex 26 external boiler which last week the flow sensor decided to develop a small split spraying the entire inside of the housing with water until the rcd suppling the boiler tripped. i have replaced the flow sensor and allowed the boiler to dry out but the rcd will still not hold. I can turn on the supply and some leds come on, on what looks to me like relays but when i turn the boiler main switch on it trips out. is there anything that is likely to have been damaged by the water? any help would be appreciated as i cant seem to get a plumber that will come and look. lots of promises but no-one actually turns up :cry:
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Any of the electrical components can be causing this. Did the pump terminal box get wet? If so, disconnect from the terminal strip and see if the RCD still trips. If water has got inside the internals of the pump, then that will need replacing as the internal connectors will have fused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back