grant vortex combi 36 overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have spent significant money on replacing a number of parts on my boiler. first was a complete new control panel then came the pressure vessel. the boiler has been working very well for a while but has suddenly started to overheat which shuts down the hot water and UFH. i have checked the pressure but this is fine. If i reset the boiler it then works fine again for another couple of days and then overheats again.

any suggestions as to what the problem could be would be most welcome

Sponsored Links
Is the overheat occurring during heating use or hot water use? I service a combi 25 where the heating is all on underfloor with only a towel rail radiator, and when the mixing valve on the UFH goes into divert, there is too little pipework to disperse the residual heat; thus overheat. I de-rated the boiler to its lowest level and this cured it.
Turn the thermostat down as far as it will go and see if it makes any difference.

Many thanks. I'll give it a whirl. Your solution echoes what others have said. Will give it a couple of days and report back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back