Grant wired controller to oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit a ESKIT wired controller to my oil boiler. The problem I have is that the boiler runs off a 5A switched spur, and the controller runs off 3A max. The instructions say that both should run off same isolation switch. How do I do that if the current ratings are different?

Sponsored Links
Fit a 3a fuse in the spur (currently 5a) if due to electrical load this does not work then a 3a fuse will be required in the feed to your controller AFTER the main switched fused spur outlet ;)

Thanks Boilerman, for some reason I had a mental block and forgot unswitched spurs existed, I'll run a 3A off from the 5A switched, job sorted.

been thinking about this again, I can't spur off a 3A connection to the controller, I'm on a Y plan connected to a wiring centre, the 5A supply needs to pass through the controller to turn the boiler supply on and off. I will see what Grant have to say.

Sponsored Links
Grant say its ok to run the boiler on 3A, start up current is quoted at 4.2A we will see how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back