Grohe shower fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grohe Relaxa shower in our shower room and both the showerhead and hose need replaced, but Grohe no longer make these, does anyone here know what other Grohe shower heads and hoses would be suitable?
Some shower heads that i have looked at state that this head is suitable for minimum pressure 1 bar, can someone explain this please.

Sponsored Links
If its just the hose and showerhead, then virtually any others would fit, they are all a standard size.
Don't make Grohe Relaxa any more? What's all this then?

Minimum 1 bar pressure means exactly that - if the water pressure at the shower is less than 1 bar, it won't work properly.

If it's the Relaxa with a standard type hose and head that has 1/2" threads, then any shower hose and head will do. As for quality, you pays your money - you takes your choice.

Bar is just a way of measuring pressure, in this case, the head needs 1 bar minimum pressure to function properly. If the feed is hot from a combi and mains cold, then it should be no problem. Pumped should be OK too. If gravity tanks, you need to know the height difference between the shower head and the water level in the cold tank in loft to work out pressure in Bar. 1 Metre = 0.1Bar

:oops: :oops: :oops:
What does 1 bar pressure mean and how does one know what the pressure is at the shower head?

Sponsored Links
Whitespirit66 i was typing as you posted.
Our shower is from the hot and cold supply, (thermostatic i think) the shower room is on the ground floor of a two storey house and the cold water tank is in the loft and the hot water cylinder is on the second floor.
The distance from the tank to shower head is approx 13 / 14 foot.
Hope you can understand this as i know nothing about plumbing as im sure you can gather. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back