Halstead Ace High Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead Ace High boiler on which the pump has recently started running randomnly,this is with no demand at all for heating or hot water. We first noticed this happening when we woke at 5 in the morning and the only way to stop it was to turn the mains isolator to the boiler off. After a while we put the power back on and the pump continued to run but only for a couple of mins and then it stopped.. The last 2 days I have come home from work to find the pump running (who knows how long for) when everything was normal in the morning when I left the house. I have found that running the hot water for a while seems to make the pump cut off after its normal over-run period. Can anybody help?

Sponsored Links
My daughter has a high ace, which I worked on two to three years ago and I recall seeing something in the manual about the pump operating for a minute or so every few hours when boiler was in stand by mode.
Do you have the manual?

No i don't have,i've had the house a while but have been renovating it and only just got the boiler up and running and i've never come across a manual. I have also heard this may be the case from a friend but that wouldn't explain why it comes on and stays on?

Sponsored Links
Yeah this is the one but there's no mention of the what the fault could be?

Would anybody else have any ideas as to why my boiler is behaving this way? Everybody i have spoken to seems to be baffled by what the problem may be? At the very least i'm concerned that the pump is massively over working itself. Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back