Halstead Finest Boiler - safty lockout light coming

mrM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Chaps,

I have Halstead Finest boiler and the safty lockout light has started to come on, disconnecting the power supply appear to get rid of the problem.

However when I put the hot water on, the radiator also start to heat up also, on checking the micro-switch for Primary Flow switch (2 violet wires) , this always appear to be closed, when by default if the Central Heating is off should be in the open position, according to the manual.

The question is what is likely to cause the switch to stay permanently closed and how do I fix it?

Advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think you have a couple of unrelated faults, your diverter valve is sticking causing the rads to heat up when the hot water is run, the lockout could be just about anything , you probably need to get someone in to look at it and finally the micro switch (violet wires) is normally open circuit until the pump starts and then it should close for both hot water and heating.

ps meant to ask is the red led flashing or permanently on ?

Thanks for the feed back Picasso - Is it safe to use the boiler in the short term while the "diverter value is sticking".

Is there anything I can do to pin point exactly where the issue is and if diverter value is sticking - what is the best way to un-stick it?

red is permanently on until power recycle.

I cant say if your boiler is safe or not without being in front of it, your boiler may be over heating have you checked the pressure or can you hear air in the boiler ? my first thought would be to check the pump.

Sponsored Links
Picasso - Your disclaimer is clearly understood, sorry to put you on the spot there.

The Pressure is 1.5 bars and appears to be constant, with regards to air in the boiler, yes there could possibly be, it did once make a lot of noise similar to having air present.

If Automatic Air Value is not working correctly can this cause similar problems?

Next question - how do you check the pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back