Heat line compact combi boiler pilot light not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler kept turning it's self off and now when i try to switch it on it makes all the right noises but the pilot light isn't firing up, i have an Heat Line Compact combi boiler, the red light above the emblem for the flame with a line through it is flashing red, any advice would be warmly recived, no pun intended

Sponsored Links
It does not have a pilot light, it just ignites the burner directly.

Apart from checking that you have a gas supply at hob etc. this is a gas/combustion issue which we don't give DIY advice on.

So the obvious thing to do is call a competent boiler engineer. These are quite repairable boilers so don't believe anyone who comes and says you need a new boiler!

Tony

thx, got it sorted, called out a plumber who told me it was the gas valve and quoted me £300 parts and labour, got a second plumber out who fixed it there and then for £50. loose wire on the circuit board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back