Heating drain cock - ideas where to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently re- piping my house, boiler feed is a pair of 22mm that go direct under ground floor. I am replacing the 8mm with 15 to all new rads and extending the 22mm runs.

Question is though where to put the system drain, the runs are under the ground floor, fixing under the floor joists.

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
If you have a positive gravity drop from highest level system to lowest point on system ... fit a doc underneath floor to be able to drain all lower floor sump pipework. Dont laminate/tile over it... remember where it is too.Nearest exit door best place. All dropped legs on flow/return pipework should be fitted with a rad valve incorporating a doc too.

Thanks guys.

Trick is where I can have a section of floor I can get under. What is currently the cupboard is getting removed to make way for access to the bathroom. It's a bungalow. Think I can find somewhere.

Presumably there is no problem having tap in one position with a longish tail to the outside ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers everyone :)

Sweating my bits off tonight with a big sds drill to get holes through supporting brick under my ground floor joists. Original microbore was fed through gaps at ground level grrrrrr.

About to order my rads in next couple of days woohoo

Where possible I like to fit two, as mentioned one on the flow and one on the return, as this allows you to drain system as fully as possible. Also fitting externally is a big positive as eventually they all leak when draining. I've also fitted them over a gulley outside in the past. Not always possible but worth doing if you can.

Where possible I like to fit two, as mentioned one on the flow and one on the return, as this allows you to drain system as fully as possible. Also fitting externally is a big positive as eventually they all leak when draining. I've also fitted them over a gulley outside in the past. Not always possible but worth doing if you can.

There is no reason why you cant fit 15mm full bore lever valves, providing you can fit/conceal/insulate tidily. Makes draining a LOT quicker, and drain cocks WILL fail over time and use. Fit a cap to be removed when used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back