heating pump constantly on Y plan help needed!

Sponsored Links
do you know how long is the timer, is it always the same?

well if no objects by monday, i guess i'll order it. Shall i get a brand new one or a refurb one? 100 new or £35 refurb?

Failing all this, any pro in the London SE28 area want to fix this for me, paid job of course but need a quote first.
You could try this person. He inhabits this forum under the name of Bengasman.

Nobody will give you a quote until they have seen the job and assessed what needs to be done.

if the only problem with the PCB is that the pump is stuck constantly on then just fit an external delay off timer, wire the pump through it and trigger it using the boiler switched live, it will not be difficult for you to wire
one of these will do.
I'll do you a wiring diagram if you need one

Matt

Sponsored Links
thanks matt,

I've ordered a new PCB (looked at the recon one too but decided not to), will wire this on sat and fingers crossed this fixes it.

If not then at least thats one thing down

Hi all,

So I've wired the new pcb exactly like the current one, the old board had a bit which seems to burnt out as it's black on the back. Great I thought so changed to new board, powered on and went to check the voltage on terminal 4 and there's still power!

I'm hoping this is just the overrun starting up first time on power up? So now I put my heating on for 35mins, then it off and recheck in another 30mins. If the pump still runs then the saga continues :(

Boiler seems to be working fine

Hi all,

So I've wired the new pcb exactly like the current one,

That may be part of your problem, looking at your earlier photo the original pcb has had its connections reconfigured on the appliance side of the connectors
(refer to the wiring diagram)

P1000641Copy.jpg

P1000643Copy.jpg
I would tend to that first
did the new pcb come preconfigured with any links in place BTW? as you may need to remove a couple

Matt

thanks for that matt.

This is now resolved! I suspected the reason why it was still running was the initial power up since i turned the power off. So left the central heating running then turned off, pump still on, after about 10-15mins (i didnt time it), the pump stopped.

did another test a few hours later, turned ch on then off, checked pump, it ran, then again 10-15mins it stopped.

I guess the PCB was to blame and as mentioned the back of the old PCB has a bit thats burnt.

Thats all for your help on this! Yes Dan you was right all along lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back