Heating suddenly stopped working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope someone can help

I have a heating issue,everything was workign fine, and suddenly stopped.

i have hot water running, and works fine, but my rads are gettign no heat.

I replaced the pump and fired up the boiler, then the boiler cuts out, and pump cuts out, and i get no heat to the rads.

If i put rads and hot water on from the programmer, the pump starts to work, but i still get no heat to the rads.

Any idea what could be the problem? i thought the pump wasnt able to push, but was replaced but no noy.

could it be the programmer? or the port valve? the port valve does move when hot water is switched on.

i would be grateful if someone could give me some advice.

thanks in advance

Rav

Sponsored Links
Could be that the valve has seized in hot water position, could be that the synchron motor inside the actuator has had it or the microswitch.

You could try isolating the electricity supply to the heating and removing the actuator and try to turn the spindle slightly left to right making sure you do not use to much force so not to encourage any leaks.

It may be a good idea to post what type of valve it is to make sure the actuator is removeable first.

You could also try to manually move the the valve into mid-position to see if that gives you heating before trying the above. Leaving the hot water on.

Thank you Armo74.

there was a remote thermostat which was set very high and therefore cut out very quickly.

thanks for your help.

rav

Sponsored Links
the system was working fine, what had happen was i installed a new pump, and after powering up, 30seconds later, the pump stopped and boiler stopped

i have a remote wireless stat which had a low batt hence it would not call for heat and there for it wouldnt fire up.

replaced batteries and all ok

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back